Holy cow, another Friday Fifteen already? Let’s get the weekend started with these fifteen-word book reviews:
1. Midnight in the Dollhouse by Marjorie Stover
Dollhouse people are secretly alive and help solve a mystery. 9-year-old me loved this.
2. Evelina or the History of a Young Lady’s Entrance into the World by Frances Burney
A precursor to Austen without the witty heroines
3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Not my favorite, but some great stuff like creeptastic Umbridge and the Department of Mysteries.
4. An Octave Above Thunder by Carol Muske
Lovely collection. Discovered “China White” from a college prof who knew all the good stuff.
5. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Dragon-human political intrigue centered around a young musician. Hartman made cool, unexpected choices; great writing.