Hey Friday! Here’s the best in this week’s fifteen-word reviews:
1. Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Script Book, Season One, Volume 1 by Various Authors
Let’s talk about how much I love Buffy. Ideal middle school TV watching.
2. Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger
Excellent stories, although in general I prefer Salinger’s longer works.
3. Piping Down the Valleys Wild ed. Nancy Larrick
Read in fifth grade, my first real encounter with poetry. Lovely collection for kids.
4. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Always kind of hoped the tree would whack the boy with one of its branches.
5. Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
A courtroom drama centered on race. Expected more To Kill a Mockingbird than I got.