All the links I’ve been hoarding:
- With Veterans’ Day coming up, it’s a good time to remember how children are affected by war.
- Cave paintings to Amazon: a brief history of publishing.
- A reading list for Harry Potter characters.
- Forget the rules: write opening lines that work for your stories.
- Not that I’m biased or anything, but Boston is an awesome literary city.
- Pets. In. Costume.
- Cannot wait for Bleed Like Me.
- These book-inspired beers need to be real and a bookstore/bar near me.
- Writing “unlikeable” girl characters and how readers react to them.
- Maggie Smith basically made Daniel Radcliffe Harry Potter, continues to be the best.
- A playlist for Andrew Ladd’s upcoming novel, What Ends, aka that book about a Scottish family that will give you all the feels.
- Inspiring writing quotes to power you through NaNoWriMo.
- Excellent post on the Ender’s Game movie and how we can use it as a teachable moment.
- Series you may have missed and need to check out. Or revisit. Because SO GOOD.
- Elizabeth Wein looks at who’s reading and buying teen novels.
- A guide to all the dystopian plot elements Katniss could want from a book.
- A fun YA reading flowchart.
- Writing about mental illness from the inside.
- Rejections facts for when you need to keep going.
- Excellent look at the actual gender breakdown of the New York Times YA Bestseller List.
2 thoughts on “Links Galore”
Harry Potter books! Books and beer! Maggie Smith! Writing girls! This post has all the things I like. Thank you.
Thanks for the link-back on the playlist! Andrew’s book really does inspire all the feels. Looking forward to clicking through the rest of these links!