Friday, you could not come soon enough. Let’s kick off the weekend with some good ol’ fifteen-word (or fewer) book reviews:
1. Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
Was expecting more sci-fi; reminded me of The Tree of Life, in a good way.
2. Catherine, Called Birdy by Karen Cushman
Only read this epistolary medieval children’s novel once, but it’s stayed with me. Should reread.
3. The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Sexism sucks. We read this one often, which probably explains a lot about me.
4. A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L’Engle
In which I learned what mitochondria are and what cherubim really look like.
5. Conversations with J. K. Rowling by Lindsey Fraser
Because everything Rowling-related made me teary with the feels.