Lots of mid-week link goodness:
- Take some pointers about writing thrilling stories from the guy who brought you ghosts, revenge, and wacky sibling hyjinks.
- Chris Crutcher’s graduation speech to a charter school includes “Do not use the word “perfect,” and “Do not root for the Washington Redskins.”
- Excellent post about how exciting/terrifying the debut process is. Will be rereading this one a lot.
- Surprised not to see Mango Street on this list of authors’ favorite fictional streets. (I’d have to choose Jellicoe Road.)
- Even quiet stories need stakes.
- Judy Blume on being categorized as YA, Friday Night Lights, and where you can find the Tiger Eyes movie.
- I had no idea about how important preorders are.
- Yes, it is ironic.
- New England fan of good books and good music? Stop by Books on the Square on Saturday to hear about Bruce Springsteen and the history of rock.
- It’s your last chance to ask me questions for my very first Q&A video! Example topics I’m prepared to talk about: writing, reading, gifs, chocolate, singing incorrect song lyrics.
3 thoughts on “Links Galore”
Thanks for giving our film a shoutout. For anyone still curious about where to find Tiger Eyes..the film will be playing theaters this weekend in NJ, AR, DE and coming soon to AZ and NM. For US viewers, it is available on all major cable Video OnDemand, iTunes, Amazon Instant, Youtube Movies, xbox, Playstation. We’re still working on our international partners.
Again, thanks for spreading the word on Judy’s first film!
My pleasure! I didn’t get to see the film in Cloucester, so I was psyched to see it’s available on iTunes. Best wishes for future screenings.