Some great links for your afternoon:
- At least now we have someone to blame when stuck in seemingly endless revisions.
- Need inspiration for your opening? Check out this list of great first lines.
- One reason I love YA: it pushes boundaries like gender norms.
- Great collection of diversity-related YA links.
- Still sad that the Golden Compass film was such a failure, but I’m glad they never tried the rest of the series.
- Also sad about the Harper Lee lawsuit. Anyone who can take advantage of an author of this stature while she’s in a compromised state of health is on my hate list.
- Even though the idea of being a full-time writer is great, it’s good to remember that keeping a day job might lead to less life stress overall.
- My friend Jill talks about changes going on in academia and academic publishing, and why she’s concerned about content.
- Great post about why kids join gangs, and why blaming that on “dark” YA novels is absurd.
- Awesome infographic about when readers give up on a book.
- Attention word nerds: Stephanie found a fun way to challenge your vocab skills.
- These summer jams + beach reading + beach house = ideal summer.
2 thoughts on “Links Galore”
This post was a great idea, thanks! That just burns me about Harper Lee! She has so much integrity and how someone would take advantage of her in her later years is appalling!
Isn’t it awful? Obviously it’s horrible for anyone to take advantage of an older person in declining health, but Lee has also given the world so much with her book. Swindling her out of her rights is appalling.