I’m feeling kind of like this, so thank goodness it’s Friday. Check out this week’s collection of fifteen-word book reviews:
1. My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud’Homme
Julia’s a favorite–fearless, funny, and an enthusiastic learner. She and Paul warm my heart.
2. Roller Coaster by Marla Frazee
Fun art captures a wild ride. (Although reading the book is ride enough for me.)
3. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
Probably my least favorite of the series, but some powerful moments–Pan! My heart!
4. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
You’re either a Faulkner or a Hemingway. I’m a Faulkner. Could not get into it.
5. Amy and Laura by Marilyn Sachs
Where I first heard the “golden arm” story. Another one I reread a lot.