TGIFF–thank goodness it’s the Friday Fifteen! This week’s fifteen-word reviews are inspired by NPR’s recent list of top YA novels (that aren’t all YA but we’ll overlook that for now).
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by JK Rowling
Harry gets his owl. Still waiting for mine, Hogwarts.
2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Didn’t love it like I thought I would. *ducks fans* Should give it another try.
3. Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Almost cried on the middle school bus with this one. Great epistolary novel.
4. A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L’Engle
Meditations on life and death, plus dolphins? Sign me up.
5. Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
A princess ditches the castle and hangs out with dragons. And she fights wizards. Love!
Special thanks to WordPress for making the Friday Fifteen a Freshly Pressed pick for July! I’m so honored and hope that you fabulous readers continue to enjoy these mini-reviews.
Also, love the Hub’s take on short form book summaries, including some via haiku.
0 thoughts on “Friday Fifteen”
I love this feature! And I agree…TGIFF!
Yay! Thanks so much. So glad you like it. 🙂
This is awesome!!