Lots of links:
- Debut YA author group the Freshman Fifteens are ‘adopting’ public libraries for fun bookish events and swag.
- “There is work to be done” in publishing.
- If you’re in the YA world, it was hard not to notice the controversy surrounding Andrew Smith’s comments about writing female characters.
- Best. Bat mitzvah. Ever.
- Pie and Prejudice Party for Pi Day: where math geeks and lit nerds meet.
- Embrace uncertainty and other things people never tell you about publishing.
- “Now that’s some Toni Morrison love.” The awesome Rita Dove on Morrison’s powerful work.
- I’m the target audience for bar jokes involving punctuation.
- Writing lessons from drama school.
- Because there’s never enough Harry Potter.
- Your book isn’t yours anymore, and that’s okay.