Holy cow, this week got away from me. Another Friday Fifteen already! Here are this week’s book reviews in fifteen words or fewer.
1. Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody
Read in a high school class about the 60s; powerful in any history class.
2. Kissing the Witch: Old Tales in New Skins by Emma Donoghue
Short story adaptations of fairy tales. Mostly I remember the fairy tale-crossover transitions.
3. The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #6) by Lemony Snicket
First time I remember encountering the word ‘ersatz.’ Enjoyed the depiction of the elevator shaft.
4. Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
Quieter than I expected, but in a good way. Touching story, beautiful writing.
5. The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchins
Everyone wants to come over when you’re making cookies.