Between holidays and snow days, I almost forgot it was Friday! But, just in time, here are this week’s book reviews in fifteen words or under.
1. Richard Scarry’s Best Word Book Ever by Richard Scarry
Pages of fun illustrations make for an awesome way to learn early vocab.
2. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
Walks the line between YA and New Adult in the best way possible.
3. A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
A little more mixed than I expected, but dug most stories, including the PPT layout.
4. Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities by Alexandra Robbins
Total sensationalism, but fun like a reality show. Miffed at the chapter revealing ritual secrets.
5. Happy Birthday, Kirsten (American Girls: Kirsten, #4) by Janet Beeler Shaw
I was really into playing “quilting bee and tornado.” My favorite Kirsten book.
3 thoughts on “Friday Fifteen”
This is such a fun and eclectic list!
Thanks! One thing I like about the Friday Fifteen is that it lets me post about literally every book I’ve ever read; it makes for fun variety. 🙂
OMG what a brilliant idea! Totally loved it!
Have only now discovered your blog – following already!