Happy Friday everyone! Instead of braving the store for Black Friday sales, enjoy these fifteen-word book reviews:
1. The Small Rain by Madeleine L’Engle
Quiet and lovely, if not as immediately compelling as most L’Engle novels.
2. The Penguin Dictionary of Literary Terms and Literary Theory, ed. John Anthony Cuddon
A necessity for those English major papers.
3. American Woman by Susan Choi
Fictional take on Patty Heart. Cool concept, but didn’t keep pace.
4. The Teen Model Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery #125) by Carolyn Keene
Only Nancy Drew I read. This was before the era of America’s Next Top Model.
5. The Complete Poems, 1927-1979 by Elizabeth Bishop
Bishop is a favorite. This collection includes classics like “Questions of Travel” and “One Art.”