A few more links for Tuesday:
- It’s No Name-Calling Week–a great opportunity to stand up to and recognize bullying around us. (Even “small” situations can really hurt.) Check out the resources available.
- I always knew The Snowy Day was a lovely book, but I didn’t know it was the first full-color picture book to feature an African-American protagonist. Where have I been? (But I do like that it seems like the norm now.) Way to go, Keats!
- Lucas Klauss offers some, ahem, helpful advice for writers. One gem: “Writing isn’t something you can get better at. Like a third nipple, a talent for writing is something you’re just born with, and I am lucky enough to have both.”
- Tempted to forward this to my editorial friends so we can all laugh through our tears.
- I was obsessed with Weetzie in high school, so a prequel can only make me want to wear fabulous sparkly dresses and combat boots in celebration.
- Should we stop embracing geekdom?