It’s the last Friday Fifteen of 2013! Let’s end the year right with some book reviews in fifteen words or fewer.
1. Write Source 2000: A Guide to Writing, Thinking and Learning by Great Source
Our eighth grade source for all things essay-related. It was fine.
2. The Animal Tale Treasury by Caroline Royds
Mostly I remember the “Just So” stories and the illustrations.
3. Glass Town by Lisa Russ Spaar
Don’t remember many particular poems, but sharp, elegant writing works well as a collection.
4. A Hand Full of Stars by Rafik Schami
Read randomly in middle school; ended up being a first introduction to Syria. Very touching.
5. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
Didn’t expect much based on the pants conceit, but the girls’ friendships and personalities shine.
One thought on “Friday Fifteen”
I have nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. Acceptance is not requisite, but do know how much you have blessed me. Should you choose to receive this nomination, further info can be found on my post: http://booknvolume.com/2013/12/29/be-the-blessing/