Being a writer can seem like a very solitary job. You spend a lot of time alone with your computer, thinking about imaginary people, and occasionally tweeting about things those imaginary people are doing. But sometimes you get a reminder that being a writer involves so many people, that it’s about connecting and sharing. Sometimes that reminder comes with cake. On Tuesday, I had the launch party for The Chance You Won’t Return at Porter Square Books, and it went so well. Check out some of the photos:
An awesome night like this doesn’t just happen. Some very special thanks to:
- Porter Square Books for letting us use their fantastic space, for being so gracious and professional, and for being a kick-ass bookstore.
- My incredible critique group who made t-shirts, got a delicious cake, did all of the pre-party prep, managed the crowd, and made me feel super supported. I’m so lucky to be part of this group.
- The Candlewick Press team, aka, the best people in the publishing business. It was so cool to see some familiar and enthusiastic Candlewick faces in the crowd!
- My friends and family who came out on a chilly Tuesday night to listen to me read, ask me great questions about writing, give me big hugs, and let me sign their books. I am overwhelmed by love.
- The fine people of Modcloth who sold a dress with tiny airplanes on it. May all my future launch parties feature book-themed dresses.
Thank you so much to everyone who came out. I couldn’t have asked for a better launch party!
6 thoughts on “Books, Cake, and a Dress with Planes on It: The Chance You Won’t Return Launch Party”
best of luck, amen
Yay! Best book launch party ever. And you def win the award for “best dressed at a book launch party.”
Thanks so much, Jill! That is super high praise coming from you. 😉
GREAT book signing party! And all your books were sold out! What a success.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Love, the Layman Family
Thank you guys so much for coming!!! So glad to see you there, and hope to see you again soon. 🙂
CONGRATULATIONS! Also airplane dress stole my heart a little bit. I can’t wait to start reading!