Kirkus has posted its list of Best Teen Books of 2011. Lots of great titles included. On my TBR list:
- Chime by Franny Billingsley
- Winter Town byStephen Emond (Author) andStephen Emond (Illustrator)
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler (Author) and Maira Kalman(Illustrator)
- A Monster Calls by By Patrick Ness (Author) and Jim Kay (Illustrator)
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (Author) andAna Juan (Illustrator)
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Wow, a lot of author/illustrator combinations for these. A new trend in YA?
I’m especially glad to see a portion of the list devoted to Realism in the Here and Now. As great as supernatural romances or fantastical adventures can be, contemporary YA will always have a special place in my heart.